Award in First Aid for Youth Mental Health
9.30 – 17.00
From £590.00 per course
Student Max 12
About the Course
The qualification has been designed with children and young people in mind covering areas such as depression, self-harm, eating disorders and bullying and will provide the knowledge and skills to identify a potential mental health condition, start a conversation, and provide support and guidance to professional help.
Successful learners can act as a ‘First Aider for Mental Health’ in any environment which they may deal with young people.
Learners will not diagnose or treat mental health conditions as this can only be carried out by healthcare professionals but will gain the knowledge to identify when a person may have a condition and know where they can go to get help.
Learners wishing to become a ‘First Aider for Mental Health’ for adults may wish to undertake the ‘ELST Award in First Aid for Mental Health’ or the ‘ELST Award in Supervising/Leading First Aid for Mental Health’.
Qualification for the Award in First Aid for Youth Mental Health Course is achieved through a simple written assessment and is a nationally recognised qualification.
- First Aid for Youth Mental Health
(Level 2 RQF/Level 5 SCQF)
- Know what mental health is, why people develop mental health conditions and the role of a First Aider for mental health
- Know how to provide advice and practical support for a person presenting a suspected mental health condition
- Know how to recognise and manage stress
- Know how to recognise a range of mental health conditions
- Understand the impact of substance abuse on mental health
- Understand the first aid action plan for mental health and be able to put it in place
- Know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace
- Eating disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Courses at your venue
In order to arrange an First Aid for Youth Mental Health course group booking at your site, a minimum requirement of six candidates will be required. The training can be delivered at your venue anywhere in the UK. Please contact us for a quote.
We can deliver our Award in First Aid for Youth Mental Health Course at your venue!
We offer 7 days a week training
Each year approximately 1 in 4 people in the UK will experience a mental health condition and at least 1 in 6 employees experience common mental health problems in the workplace. Research has shown that work is the biggest cause of stress which can stop people from performing at their best.
Mental health conditions are often hidden due to stigma and fear of discrimination and research has shown that a culture of fear and silence around mental health is costly to employers.